View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)   IP: 108.35.7.12
Old 08-20-2017, 10:43 PM

paul2748 is on a distinguished road
Once the steering column is in place, run a fairly stiff wire down the tube until it comes out the end. This a a trial and error type thing as the wire may not go down easily (can hang up - just twist and turn the wire until it goes all the way through). Bending back the wire at the end so you don't have a sharp end helps in preventing it from hanging up on something. You can go up from the bottom too.

By some means connect the wire to the horn wire and pull it down. What i prefer doing is using the wire, then attaching a strong string/twine to it, pull down the string and then attach the horn wire to the string and then pull the horn wire through.

If the grommet comes off easily, I suggest removing it while trying to get the wire through. Then put the grommet back on before connecting the horn wire to the harness.

I don't remember a grommet on my car, but I may have forgotten about it or it was missing in the first place and didn't realize that there should be one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor120 View Post
Paul,
Is there a particular challenge pushing the wire back through that grommet? I assume that you have to open the steering box in order to push it back through during reassembly?

Castor120