Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > The AeroBirds [1983-1988]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The AeroBirds [1983-1988] The AeroBird can be discussed about in this forum. Start posting away with your questions and with your TBird you want to show off!

85 Tbird

This is a discussion on 85 Tbird within the The AeroBirds [1983-1988] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I just took ownership of this ride. I will need to be asking a few questions in thenext few days ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 207.98.177.222
Old 08-16-2010, 07:48 AM

gharmon is on a distinguished road
85 Tbird

I just took ownership of this ride. I will need to be asking a few questions in thenext few days and I'll be looking for as much help as possible. Other than this site is there any others that I should check out? Is there any out there dedicated to the 83-88 version that i need to know about?

Mine is 302/auto. Anyone know the HP on that year Tbird? When did the tbird get the 5.0 ho motor? Is the tranny a C4 or an AOD? Pretty sure it's an AOD. Haven't fooled with it much yet. I know the fuel pump isn't working(no whine from it anyway and no gas up front.

Does it have one of those fuel reset buttons like most Fords in the 80's? How about a fuel pump relay anywhere I should check before I drop the tank?

I know that was a bunch of questions but i'm in a hurry...

Thanks,

Gerald
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 64.197.168.218
Old 12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Frat_man-du is on a distinguished road
Before replacing - there is a reset in the trunk, I forget which side (sold my 85 Fila some years ago). also try banging on the tank with a hammer, I did that once to get out of a snowy parking lot - only worked the once to get the pump going enough to get home.

The Windsor V-8 had only 140HP if I recall correctly. The V6 had 110 and the turbo coupe was 155. I think only 85 had the aircleaner decal for the HO. 86 got a boost as they went to the port injection vs the throttlebodied 85.

Enjoy the car...I miss mine
65 T-Bird Convert -Sold
65 T-Bird Convert - w/ Tonneau#14
85 T-Bird Fila - sold
00 Mustang Vert
98 Mark VIII LSC