Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Big Birds (Luxury Birds) [1972-1976]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Big Birds (Luxury Birds) [1972-1976] Your "Big Bird" TBird is not a toy from Sesame Street but a finely tuned car. Talk about these cars here.

My 74's T-bird

This is a discussion on My 74's T-bird within the Big Birds (Luxury Birds) [1972-1976] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Hello everybody, At first I would like to excuse myself for my language, I’m french and I have still some ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 212.234.200.8
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 AM

tit-rider is on a distinguished road
My 74's T-bird

Hello everybody,

At first I would like to excuse myself for my language, I’m french and I have still some difficulties with my sentences.

I’m renewing a 1974 Thunderbird.

I love this car, it’s huge, simply repaired, an amazing song and some advance equipments compared at the 70’s french cars !

Also this car is so rare in France, and it’s very difficult to find some documentations. When I ordered my firsts mechanics spare parts in the USA, I ordered workshop manuals for my T-bird. Now I’m fixing it ( brake, steering, suspension, head gaskets, …). This car didn’t take the road since 1989 and have only 53000 miles ! I hope to finish the mechanics for June for participate at big meeting in France. The body isn’t perfect, but for me it’s secondary. I want a car to ride well and in a good mechanical health.

Now I have two questions :

- I can’t find informations about my 460 engine’s performances. I think it’s a gap between the 1970’s and 1974’s T-bird performance. I found 365 or 419 hp SAE and only 220 bhp. The T-bird is heavy but I looks the performance good for a cruising car. Would you have more and of better information than me?
- With my axle code, I can see it is lockable. How to ? It’s a LSD, is it lock over a speed limit, only on the first gear, … ? I have no knowledge about this axle and his functioning.

Then I hope you can understand me easyly …

Have a nice day !
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 71.170.88.207
Old 01-03-2012, 12:48 PM

Harley Eaton is on a distinguished road
I will gladly sell my five volume set of 1974 shop manuals. Anyone interested?