Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Garage

Nina

Garage
Vehicle Name Nina
Year 1964
Make Ford
Model T-Bird
Color Blk
Packages Factory air, cruise, and electric front seats.
History I've come from a Thunderbird family. After growing up in the back of a '76 and helping my dad do some work on his '55 it was in my blood. To celebrate reaching 20 years in the military, it was time to purchase my own in Mar 12 from a consignment dealer in San Juan Capistrano. Exterior was excellent, interior was very good, but TLC required under the car and under the hood. Started extensive rebuild Thanksgiving weekend 2012 and hope to finish in fall 13.
Interior

Under the Hood
Me with the engine/trans/exhaust headers mated-up and ready to install. Still got some vacuum lines to replace, but runs great!
Original block and crank. Edelbrock heads and intake installed. Holley 650 carb. MSD distributor/ignition/coil. Hydraulic roller lifters and roller rockers with Comp Cams setup. Ceramic-coated headers with Flowmaster exhaust

Suspension

Wheels and Tires
Just after the wheels arrived...
18" Foose Fishtail Custom wheels. Needed to ditch the 14" wheels following modification to 4-wheel disk brakes. Final tire size selection was 235/50R18. 4.5" offset on the wheels. Just barely enough clearance on the back without the skirts.