Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Early Birds [1955-1957]

Early Birds [1955-1957] Have a Super Sharp 1955 to 1957 Thunderbird or just want to learn about them? Show yours off and talk about them here.

Electrical Contacts Under Dash

This is a discussion on Electrical Contacts Under Dash within the Early Birds [1955-1957] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I Have A 55 T-bird That Was Rewired About 10 Years Ago. Now The Ligth Bulbs Are Being To Drop ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 108.234.172.15
Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 AM

khc49 is on a distinguished road
Electrical Contacts Under Dash

I Have A 55 T-bird That Was Rewired About 10 Years Ago. Now The Ligth Bulbs Are Being To Drop Out Of The Sockets , The Contacts On The Clock , Ligther , Are Losing There Connections. I Can Move The Contacts Around And They Will Make Contact But Go Over A Bump And It Will Lose Contact. Change From A 6v To 12v I Don't Know If That Makes Any Differance. Any Help

Kyle
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 76.10.145.83
Old 06-15-2014, 01:17 PM

gbhrps is on a distinguished road
khc49,

I've had the same issue on my 55, which is original. Changing to a 12 volt system won't change the problem.

You will have to take each loose bulb socket and bend each of its grip fingers a bit wider, to make a tighter fit in the hole the bulb socket fits in to. This will take time and patience. Obviously its a much easier job to do when the complete dash is out of the car. Goos Luck!

Tags
electrial contacts