Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Flair Birds [1964-1966]

Flair Birds [1964-1966] You have a Fourth Generation Bird or just have some questions about them? Then this forum is for you, check it out.

What's my '64 convertible worth?

This is a discussion on What's my '64 convertible worth? within the Flair Birds [1964-1966] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I've had my 1964 convertible for about 3 years, 72k on the Odo but I'm sure that's rolled over. I'm ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 216.2.9.34
Old 12-18-2009, 06:56 PM

Rusherific is on a distinguished road
What's my '64 convertible worth?

I've had my 1964 convertible for about 3 years, 72k on the Odo but I'm sure that's rolled over. I'm thinking about selling, but have no idea where to start with price. I've looked a lot on ebay, but prices seem to be all over the place. I can't go off what I paid myself either because I was naive at the time and am pretty sure I overpaid.

Anyways, as far as I know the drivetrain is 100% original, fresh carb rebuild, new air cleaner, plugs, and ignition coil. She runs well when warm, but misses if you try and drive cold. I might look into fixing that before selling. The transmission is very smooth changing gear but is a bit rough shifting into drive or reverse from neutral. The top doesn't work, the original owner said it was just a relay that needed replacing, though that isn't the case. I actually got it working last summer, but it broke again, and I also think running it causes a leak of hydraulic fluid. Some of the interior upholstery, like the seats, is actually pretty nice, and the car overall looks great from a distance, but the paint job (what looks like Ford factory baby blue color) which was done before my time (though relatively recently) is crap and is peeling a here and there from a few body panel edges. The body panels are all straight except for a small dent on the deck lid I think from one time the top tried to close without the decklid opening. The chrome is not in the best shape with some rashing and scratches. The top itself is a bit dirty but I think if cleaned is actually in great shape. The wheels are not stock. I upgraded the front brakes with a disk kit. There is some body rust under the car and showing through some of the paint if you look on the inside lips of say the fenders or underneath the doors. The mufflers are a little corroded and leak.

I'm too lazy to upload pictures right now but trust me in that the car looks great in them but is hardly a show-winner up close.

I'm not looking for an expert analysis, but really just a ballpark figure for what she might be worth!

Cheers

Last edited by Rusherific; 12-18-2009 at 06:58 PM.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 173.74.104.18
Old 12-19-2009, 03:41 PM

Harley Eaton is on a distinguished road
I'm not an expert, either, but with all that needs fixing or attention, my guess would be $4000 to $6000. Low end of range if it has no air conditioning.
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 75.110.211.254
Old 12-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Grenade inspector

hotrod55bird is on a distinguished road
Garage
Rusherific,
I agree with Harley, sounds like it needs alot of work, but I wouldn't even put a guesstimate on the value of the car without seeing pictures. Ebay may be your best bet, just be honest and put up lots of pictures. Who knows, you may find someone who loves it and is willing to invest in a fixer upper.
Richard (hotrod55bird)