Go Back   tbirdforum.com > General Thunderbird Forums > Thunderbirds For Sale/Wanted
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

57 Bird - DAILY DRIVER - For Sale

This is a discussion on 57 Bird - DAILY DRIVER - For Sale within the Thunderbirds For Sale/Wanted forums, part of the General Thunderbird Forums category; Health issues force me to sell my 57. Have had it for 6 years and drive it quite often. 312V8 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 184.98.239.152
Old 07-19-2014, 03:11 PM

57MexicanTBird is on a distinguished road
Garage
57 Bird - DAILY DRIVER - For Sale

Health issues force me to sell my 57. Have had it for 6 years and drive it quite often. 312V8 - Auto Trans - Power Steering - Power Windows

Have replaced or rebuilt entire Fuel System, Steering, Transmission, Engine Top End, Brakes including Cylinders and lines, Radiator, and more. Everything is not in perfect condition but its only 57 years old. However it still runs great, looks great and sounds like a car should sound!

Have the Hard Top but have never used it. The car is located in Arizona and shows no indication of rust and/or previous body repairs. No dents, all chrome in good condition and still has name plate inside passenger door showing it was registered in Mexico; likely an original export when new.

If interested or if someone you know is interested, contact me at OREGON.BOUND@LIVE.COM

Michael

Last edited by 57MexicanTBird; 07-19-2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Add Pictures
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 70.160.98.203
Old 07-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road
Hi Michael,

Interesting about the Data Plate. I looked at it in your Garage. Is there not one in the usual place under the hood? Does it have the KM Speedometer instead of the MPH?

Were you able to find out if it was assembled in Mexico? I have occasionally seen MEX birds on eBay and at one time tried to get some info from Ford in Mexico but was not able to get anything from them.

You may want to post an add here also:
Classifieds

Jim

http://www.squarebirds.org/users/Jim...ite/index.html
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 184.98.239.152
Old 07-19-2014, 09:04 PM

57MexicanTBird is on a distinguished road
Garage
Jim,

I have not tried to contact Ford nor the Secretaria De Haciend Y Credito Publico, which I believe is the Mexican Department of Automobile Registration. There is no data plate under the Hood thus I believe the Car was either exported or, and I am not positive about this, but I have heard some vehicles went through final assembly in Mexico. I can't confirm as I don't know exactly where to ask the question.

The Odometer goes up to 240, which is likely Kilometers, however it reads out in actual MPH. Which could be the result of the transmission rebuild I had done on it right after I got it.

Thanks for the link to the Classifieds!

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Registration.jpg (22.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg odometer.jpg (31.5 KB, 29 views)
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 70.160.98.203
Old 07-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Jimz Bird is on a distinguished road
Michael,

I have seen the 240 KPH on other Mexican Birds. That is really neat!
It is curious how it reads out out on the dial with it showing KM and your actual MPH. That is a puzzle how they got that to work. There are different number toothed gears for the speedometer so it would be interesting to know which they put in it. Or, maybe they had the speedometer recalibrated?? I don't know how that works other than with gears.

It seems there is an article in one of the old CTCI EarlyBird issues that covers some on the Mexican Birds but I don't know which one. Several hundred(??) 55-57 were supposedly shipped to Mexico for final assembly.

If yours has been in Mexico and AZ all it's life it should be in good shape. Has it ever been restored or is it original? Original would really draw a premium price especially at a car auction I would think.

Good luck with your sale. Too bad it has to go but I do understand how it gets more difficult to work on them as "we" get older. I have developed some limitations myself.

Thanks for the Speedo pic. I will keep that in my collection of Tbird pics.

Jim

http://www.squarebirds.org/users/Jim...ite/index.html

Tags
57 tbird, daily driver, restorable