View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)   IP: 173.63.46.17
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 PM

paul2748 is on a distinguished road
CASCO, Concours Parts and I assume the other TBird parts house have separate ball joint seal kits which include the metal shields and a seal. relatively inexpensive. There isn't a rubber boot (only on tie rod ends) but there is a rubber or foam seal included with the kit.

Sounds like your project is coming along very well/

Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freoway View Post
The only damage to the balljoints was the top domed metal covers. I damaged them when I used the pickle fork to separate the balljoint from the stub axle. I'm not sure if I can buy those separately. Alternatively, I could tap them back into shape as best as I could. There was no sign of any rubber boot on these. Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the balljoints. I won't replace them in a hurry, not atleast without my local mechanic inspecting them first. Only some of the control arm bushes were tired, but they're quite cheap so I may as well replace them all. The shocks don't seem that old either, they're Monroe's and still have a good coat of paint on them (not that that means much). My mechanic told me they'd need replacing when he checked over the car a few months ago (he didn't pick on the balljoints then).

Cheers,

Lloyd