View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)   IP: 67.236.203.71
Old 07-23-2016, 03:55 PM

Erbleding is on a distinguished road
Garage
Update. Well after sending my car to two different so called Auto Electric shops and having them both hot wire the car and tell me it's fixed, I and a friend started trying to figure out what is going on ourselves. The car currently runs, but only if you jump the positive side of the coil to the voltage regulator. Basically bypassing the starter solenoid. So we disconnected the jump wire and connected the correct wire from the solenoid to the coil. The moment we did that, the voltage dropped to 7 volts. Then we decided to test the red with green stripe wire that shares a post on the solenoid with the coil wire. The wire on the other post is red with blue stripe. When we unplugged the red/green wire from the solenoid and tested it at the other end, we got nothing, but we we tested at on end on the red/green wire and the other end with the red/blue wire, we got voltage. So now I'm thinking that the pins got crossed at the firewall junction connector when they made the harness. Nope, it's just how it should be. What would cause the ignition to drop voltage when the coil is connected?