View Single Post
  #16 (permalink)   IP: 64.179.201.128
Old 11-28-2016, 06:30 AM

edmlynek is on a distinguished road
ok...i am 'doing over' my engine compartment now and i see exactly what you are talking about, i think.....i have a white car, but now the snowshoe white, my white has yellow tint in. it is a one year only '57 color... from the factory, and when i got the car, it had no engine, trans,glass ,interior,wiring, ect... was living 70 miles away from where i got it..i already had a bird with all that was missing, so it was a'swap' (because the frame was tweaked so bad on my car, the bill from the frame shop would have been enormous)... and the guy that sold me the 'bad' car in '71, (it's now 2002) always wanted it back..so now in 2002 had the cash to finally 'fix' a bird 'right'...i called him and said..'you want this car back? let's deal'...he said..fine. i want it AND i just got back from az. with a unhit, unrusted, never wrecked car...and i will swap you for it....so let me 'gut it out' and we will just swap 'bodies'...i said ok..(he said $7500 for his and he will give me $5000 back for the bad frame one...ok..so i said 'as it's still there (in much. - i live in toledo,ohio) can you take it to a GOOD local body shop and just get the eng. compartment done? yes. he says.. he does..and we swap...then, down thru the tears, the paint in the eng. compartment keeps 'flaking off' and like that,, like air was under it or it did not 'stick' well..it's not sticking to the primer--but i have 2 primers here...the first is brown--that is all right..THEN, THERE IS A BLACK (PRIMER??) OVER THE BROWN PRIMER.. it looks original to the car...this was my problem--PAINT WILL JUST NOT ADHERE TO WELL...so, i have to strip the whole compartment to bare metal...do you have this weird black primer on your car like me??? if you do, you will have to strip to bare metal, re-prime and paint it...this is a big job..with all the nooks and crannys..- i'm on 2 weeks and only half done...let me know what you have...bye..ed mlynek in georgia