View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)   IP: 108.35.7.12
Old 08-19-2017, 06:54 PM

paul2748 is on a distinguished road
Yes - there is a connector located near the bottom of the steering box for the horn wire. If you follow the wire coming out of the steering box you will find where the wire connects to the harness.. If you are not replacing this wire, just leave it in the column when removing the column.

I'm not sure what you mean by the sealed nature of the junction of the horn wire. The horn wire is separate and distinct from the other column wires if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, I don't have my car here to look at (it's a 56) but should be the same

The other wires in the column come out the side of the column. When you see them, it's self explanatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor120 View Post
Paul,

Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate the response!

Do I understand correctly that there is a connector near the steering box that can be disconnected and then removed with the rest of the steering column?

I have ordered a new wiring harness, but the sealed nature of the junction of this wire and the forward face of the steering box would lead me to NOT remove and replace this section of wire through the box, and instead, simply use the existing connectors exterior to and within the steering column to not disturb this joint. Does that make sense to you, or am I missing something?

Castor120