View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 206.117.120.59
Old 08-20-2018, 05:08 PM

TimBird is on a distinguished road
Engine Transmission Reinstall

About two months ago, i pulled the engine and transmission to have the engine compartment worked on. It had been in an accident prior to me purchasing the car and the passenger side inner apron was compressed and need to be pulled to straighten it and some rust needed to be cut out and the entire area got a new paint job. The frame was in good shape and needed no straightening(luckily). I now have the engine and transmission back in and I purchased a new aluminum radiator and a 7 blade fan to increase cooling effectiveness.

Is there anything I need to consider before I try to fire it back up? I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. I took hundreds of pics to make sure everything went back the way it was. The engine and transmission were working well before hand and I didn't want to do anything that could disrupt that, so they were not really touched other than replacing pan gasket and cleaning the transmission oil pan. I drained about 5-6 quarts of tranny fluid and I only have 3 back in it now(just to check for leaks with new gasket) and I will add fluid after I start it and go through the gears. I've always heard too much fluid is worse than not enough and I can add fluid if needed(which I should if I drained 6 and added only 3 back).

Please, any tips, advice or prior knowledge is welcome as I want to make sure I have covered everything before I fire her back up.