#1 (permalink)   IP: 166.216.159.84
Old 02-03-2020, 04:37 PM

new to this is on a distinguished road
Garage
1966 Thunderbird Convertible For Sale

https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...-indiana-47164

Vehicle Description

$ 37,500.00

Hi! My name is THELMA. Thanks for taking a few minutes to look at me. (That is probably not “politically correct” – but it is OK with me)

I need to find a new owner. (Male, Female or Other – makes no difference. Now that is “politically correct”.) My current owner is leaving the country and says “I can’t go.” Hmpff! After all I have done for him. All time he spent inside me, the evenings we had together. Use me for 10 years, and then sell me.

Let me tell you a little about myself;

I am 1 of 5049 Thunderbird Convertibles built in 1966. Now, keep in mind, my memory of the early years is somewhat vague and forgotten. (After all – it was the 60’s ☺)

I was ordered through the Ford Philadelphia DSO.

In 2005 I was in Acushnet, Massachusetts. At some point, I ended up in Alaska. From there, I went to Caldwell, Idaho. (Is it bad to say that I got around a lot?) Somewhere along the way before Caldwell Idaho, I was changed from Burgundy to bright Red. (Don’t believe what they say about “blonds have more fun”)

I have been in Southern Indiana since 2009.

My specifics:

VIN: 6Y85Z110041 Codes: 76A – X – 26 – 03J – 23 – 01 – 8 Thunderbird Registry RN28362

390 cu.in. rebuilt .0030 over

Hardened valve seats for unleaded fuel

Factory Autolite 4100 4bbl. Carburetor

Cruise-O-Matic Automatic Transmission

I am fully loaded with goodies:

Removable Tonneau Cover (This really makes me stand out.)

All Power windows, including power vent windows

Power Door Locks

6 Way power seats (Driver and Passenger) According to Automotive Mileposts, Power and Reclining Passenger seat is quite rare.

Fully reclining passenger seat w/adjustable headrest (This comes in handy ☺)

My rear seat is still leather. Front seats needed to be recovered (don’t ask) they were professionally upholstered with marine grade vinyl.

Power Steering

Power Brakes – Factory Disk Front/Drum Rear - Master cylinder was converted to dual reservoir type.

Slide away steering wheel (Makes it easier to get in and out of me ☺

Highway Pilot (cruise control) has been disconnected and removed. All the parts are in a box. Just so you know, it never worked well to begin with. All the wiring is intact.

AM/FM Radio w/AUX and USB inputs - Custom Auto Sound USA630

Sequential turn signals – working with original control system

Actual Wire Wheels - not hubcaps (not on spare) – These require considerable “on your knees time,” to keep clean - especially if you live on a gravel road.

MSD Solid State Pro-Billet Ignition (#8595)

Spectre Air Cleaner

Hayden Auxiliary Electric Radiator Fan

High current relays added to headlight circuit.

OK, the good part – my top comes down easy (is this wrong to say?) – It goes up easily also, but nobody cares. (Video of Top operation included.) If the sun is out, my top is down! (Oops)

The rotary multi switch for trunk operation was professionally rebuilt including replacing the plastic “D” shaft connector with a stainless-steel piece.

In August 2013, I was returning from a car show. A deer and I tried to occupy the same place and time. Deer died, I did however, have some body modifications – and not for the better. My insurance was Hagerty and they selected a very competent repair facility. I was completely chemically stripped naked everywhere 😊. I have all the pictures of the repair process if you would like to see them. (That does not sound right, does it?) Along with my front-end repair was a new windshield and some other repairs that a girl of my age needed attended to.

There is some paint chipped off a corner of my tonneau cover that is shown in one of the pictures.

I am not a garage queen, I am out quite a bit in nice weather. I do have some small paint blemishes.

As I mentioned earlier, I have quite a few awards from get-togethers with like minded people. (That does not sound right either.)

In conclusion, while I may have some experience, I can provide you with a very enjoyable ride. People will stop and wave when they see you riding in me. If you want a ride that not everyone else (nothing against Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, Nova, etc.) has at your local car shows, I can be yours.