Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Tech Forums > 2002-2005 Thunderbird Garage
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

2002-2005 Thunderbird Garage All Questions regarding maintenance, modifying, etc should be posted within.

Ethanol Damages to engines and gaskets?

This is a discussion on Ethanol Damages to engines and gaskets? within the 2002-2005 Thunderbird Garage forums, part of the Tech Forums category; I have had a tough time finding straight gasoline that is not blended with that corn crap that seems to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 67.242.95.58
Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Dave ESPI is on a distinguished road
Garage
Question Ethanol Damages to engines and gaskets?

I have had a tough time finding straight gasoline that is not blended with that corn crap that seems to be forced upon us all now. I know it destroys my jetski gaskets and fuel lines get gummed up, but what about older cars and fiber gaskets in our Birds?

I can't find much about it.

thanks for any links to articles or words of advice :)

EDIT: Cars suck wayyyyy less.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 24.158.166.10
Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 AM

RobertZpianoman is on a distinguished road
Garage
I am presently on my third needle and seat in my 4100 ford '58 carb. knowing gas is the reason I only use non- ethanol now.... from a shell station in baxter tenn. and a sunoco station in cookeville tenn. as they post a huge sign at front of store "no- ethenol or how ever you spell it . realize that this original post 05/13/2012 but hey stay away from non-gas stations. works for me . MY STORY AND F Y I FOR ALL TO SEE.. old needle and seat was like a softened gummy bear feel to it when removed from carb. ,both times. will I ever learn.! also I have a locking cap from the get go so I know no additives or sugar was placed in tank...it's that those little " corn people" again coming out of the fields were trying to strand out on the prarie hi way and force me to end up in a" financial ruin" ditch effort to keep the '58 bird.. as it cost me to see the "babbit" from the( crank shaft) at my most (recent engine rebuild) mechanic's viewing of old parts on the '58 bird. His conclusion is flooded carb. at engine too many times from faulty weak softened carb. needle and seat let fuel contaminate oil andmy guage before rebuild reading was 19 at idle psi engine oil and 46 at 2k RPM .was my final warning before the knocking started. this fuel ethanol is a rip off. someone should wake up and get it out of the country now.There ,back on the road..thank goodness for the forum so I could vent these feelings about the results of our mandated rules of the country's fuel available.I SAY , "FLING POO AT THE VISITORS" THAR BE DRAGONS AT THE BRIDGE AHEAD!!
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 108.88.122.154
Old 05-16-2014, 11:33 AM

toner2 is on a distinguished road
Here is a link to a website that lists the stations nationwide that sell pure gasoline

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 108.88.122.154
Old 05-16-2014, 11:34 AM

toner2 is on a distinguished road
pure gasoline stations nationwide

here is a link that lists stations that carry pure gasoline nationwide

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada