Thread: new body Tbird
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 66.168.57.157
Old 03-16-2003, 04:21 AM

Gearworks is on a distinguished road
Post new body Tbird

I really dont know if if anyone of any importance at FORD even knows this area exists!? but here goes.

Since 1955 the Thunderbird IMMEDIATELY had a serious devoted following. The 55, 56, and 57 'birds were a literal works of art. after those years the designs were more a matter of personal taste. Then something weird happened, the beloved 'bird went from being a Corvette matching 2 seater, that never had the power it required to win that battle, to a HUGE luxury barge. Now dont get me wrong. i owned a 75, and to me there was NO better road cruiser than that car. Caddy couldn't hold a candle to it. It did love to suck the fuel though. then in 77 we actually STARTED in the correct direction but tripped over EPA and CAFE standards, and was STILL grossly underpowered for the amount of fuel it used. I don't want to go through the entire line, because as well as Those at ford, We, as enthusiasts, know the story line all too well.
Which brings me to my main point. Without quoting Zora Duntov, my personal opinion is that you dropped the ball on the latest generation Thunderbird, not to mention priced it out of the normal guys reach. by comparison, the 02 bird is not near the value or the "Work of Art" it's predecessor was by any stretch of the imagination. Stop wasting you're time, energy, and resources, trying to catch up to Chrysler and their "Retro" product line. Be original and give us a bird we can be proud of that will kick tail! If the [expletive deleted] foreign car companies can take a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder and beat asphalt, surely the greatest car company on the planet can come out with a tbird that just knocks the world out!
By the way, Nice job on the '05 Mustang!!
now THATS what im talking About!

Paul
Owner: The Gearworks
Gearworx@netzero.net