View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 65.173.75.70
Old 09-21-2004, 11:29 AM

RAS04 is on a distinguished road
Fairlane Trim Package

I am looking to get a poll from some of you on what you would be willing to pay for a very rare item that my wife's uncle has come across. We are going to list the item on Ebay later this month and we wanted to get an idea on what someone might offer for it.

The item is a 1955 unopened box of Fairlane Trim for a '55 T-Bird. Ford advertised this exterior trim for the T-Birds that year prior to production. But when production started, they decided to drop the trim. The company that made this trim for Ford didn't make many packs. We currently have 2 boxes. One unopened and the other opened which my wife's uncle is planning to use on his T-Bird. Other then that, I have not come across any more boxes of this trim anywhere. This is a very rare item to say the least. The most famous use of it has to be L.D. Crusoe's personal T-Bird which is on display in the Henry Ford Museum. I don't know why Ford dropped the trim prior to production, but the item was created for the '55 T-Bird. Like I said, this is a very rare item. It's not something that someone made as an add-on, it's the real thing, from 1955. If you can get an ad from 1955, you can see that it was indeed advertised on the T-Bird then prior to production. I have an article here that talks about the Fairlane Chrome Trim and details how it was dropped prior to production. My task is too see how much something like this would be worth to someone. If you have any ideas on what you would pay or someone else, let me know. Thanks