View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 216.8.151.63
Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 PM

gbhrps is on a distinguished road
Dan,
I believe we should all get nervous and watch the temp gauge carefully at anything above 195. I can tell from your post that you are doing that, and are as careful in this department as I am. My bird does the same temp ranges that you describe when being driven around town and on the highway, but it'll climb when in stop and go traffic or when waiting at a railroad crossing, but comes down again within 2 or 3 miles of driving. In the warm summer temps that you get I wouldn't be surprised with your readings. They certainly bear watching closely. Since you are monitoring your temps so closely, I would try the 15 lb cap and see if it makes a difference. For certain it will stop any coolant loss that can only make your situation worse. If it doesn't you can change it back to your old cap. If you have an automatic, you may find that while stopping in traffic, slipping into neutral and setting a faster idle with the accelerator may draw more air through the rad and lower or slow down your rising temps. The only down side is the price of fuel. Have you had a go at the backup lights?
Gene