Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > The AeroBirds [1983-1988]

The AeroBirds [1983-1988] The AeroBird can be discussed about in this forum. Start posting away with your questions and with your TBird you want to show off!

door panels...

This is a discussion on door panels... within the The AeroBirds [1983-1988] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; also, does anyone else have problems with their door panels on 88's?...my passenger side will not stay on for anything....i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 65.165.28.102
Old 11-07-2001, 06:34 AM

T-Bird-uzi is on a distinguished road
Post door panels...

also, does anyone else have problems with their door panels on 88's?...my passenger side will not stay on for anything....i bought new clips or whatever they call 'em but they just wont stay on....also...i wasnt able to use the 86 cougar xr-7 gauge panel..had to put the stock cluster back..the xr7 only had one hookup vs. 2 for the stock unit..i can live with a speedo that only goes to 88 ....the same cougar donated the cool leather seats too along with the dash..after mine was vandalized a year ago.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: T-Bird-uzi ]

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: T-Bird-uzi ]
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 63.27.124.182
Old 11-09-2001, 11:04 PM

FourFords is on a distinguished road
Something I found that helps keep worn panels on is velcro, the stuff is cheap and if you place it between each clip in the area where the clips are not holding it really does a nice job and no one ever knows better ;) The sticky holds well on the door if you wipe the area with denatured alcohol (no beer isn't an acceptable substitute) and the same on the panel.
L.P.