Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Bullet Birds [1961-1963]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bullet Birds [1961-1963] These Bullet Birds are definitely a collector's car, so why don't you show yours off in this forum or just ask members about them?

New here, and some questions

This is a discussion on New here, and some questions within the Bullet Birds [1961-1963] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Hello, I am a new member here, I live in the Netherlands, Europe so I am really sorry for my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 82.170.219.170
Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM

martintbird is on a distinguished road
Garage
New here, and some questions

Hello,

I am a new member here, I live in the Netherlands, Europe so I am really sorry for my english

My name is Martin, 20 years old and living near Delft in the Netherlands.
Since one year I own a 63' thunderbird convertible with a sportroadster tonneau cover.

I really love thoose cars since I was young, just like my father, he owns a 56' Thunderbird and a 1960 Corvette.

The Thunderbird I own is delivered in the Netherlands as a new car I think, The license plates are from 1963.

But the there are some things that I have questions about.
when you look at the frontfenders and doors from my thunderbird It look like a 61 or 62, the back is typical 63 with the thunderbird script on it and the taillights as a 63.
The interior is also like a 63' 2 colors bleu, and the electric windows are in the console in the middle of the car. the grille of the car is also 63 but I got an old picture that shows a grille from a 61' thunderbird.

Are there some more typical 63' specifications?

Is this car even been damaged and replaced with wrong parts?
Or is it delivered as this as new?
The front end does'nt look like it ever got an accident.

It is under restoration now

I hope there are some answers over here!

Martin
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 82.170.219.170
Old 11-25-2012, 04:19 PM

Garage
this picture is made around 1980

And this one last friday

#3 (permalink)   IP: 98.202.43.5
Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 AM

Garjus61 is on a distinguished road
Looks like a beauty whatever it is. The '61 hood is the only one that had the raised ribs near the edges - that's what you have and I agree the front fenders and doors appear to be from a '61 or '62 and the grill in the old picture is a '61. The courtesy lights and mirror controls on the inside door panels and the window switches are not 1961. And is the big switch above the mirror control the top control switch? If so, it's not original The seats and pedals are not from a 1961 - perhaps 1963 - someone else would know better. The VIN plate should tell you what it is. What you do with it now will depend on what you want to do with it - restore it to original or just drive it and enjoy it. It looks really good -whatever it is. Good luck
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 71.170.84.253
Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM

Harley Eaton is on a distinguished road
It does appear to be a mixture of parts. I don't believe I can see the passenger side assist bar. Would you mind posting the Vehicle Identification Number?
  #5 (permalink)   IP: 69.158.158.239
Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Ian M Greer is on a distinguished road
That is an interested breed to say the least . The original older 1980's photo shows a 61 grill in the car , its almost as if somebody tried to refine a 61 with some of the last years(63's) features. Car has a 63 interior including dash and door panels with a leather interior, as previously stated to switch on drivers door for the power top is a universal off of another car . As Harley stated Vin # on door tag is a starting point as well as Vin stampings on Rad support in front of bettery and Vin stampings on sill above firewall, passenger side. Is there a production sheet under the rear seat that would also help . I could see carryovers from one year to another , but here we are talking over a three year period . Interesting but I must say well done at the same time . I've always loved the ribbed 61 hood over the plan 62and 63 hoods . Ian
  #6 (permalink)   IP: 82.170.219.170
Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Garage
My vincode is from 63.

It says 3Y85Z126216

I don't mind all non original parts, I restore it as is.