Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Bullet Birds [1961-1963]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bullet Birds [1961-1963] These Bullet Birds are definitely a collector's car, so why don't you show yours off in this forum or just ask members about them?

Busy weekend, had to share....

This is a discussion on Busy weekend, had to share.... within the Bullet Birds [1961-1963] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; So, Friday night, for the first time ever my Bird was parked in the garage. My goal was to go ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 50.90.175.225
Old 12-25-2012, 07:02 AM

sgtcornewell is on a distinguished road
Garage
Busy weekend, had to share....

So, Friday night, for the first time ever my Bird was parked in the garage. My goal was to go for a drive today. I didn't quite meet my goal but I did walk away satisfied at my progress. from Friday until Monday night I replaced the fuel and brake lines, cleaned all drums, rebuilt 2 wheel cylinders, replaced the other 2, adjusted the belts, adjusted the carb, found a battery that fit, found out that the brake booster was not bolted in right (fixed it), bled the system, put in a fuel pump, put in the gas tank, got it running, found a hole in the gas tank, and finally diagnosed that someone put in a new set of points, cap and rotor while using old wires and plugs. maybe I'll go for a drive next weekend.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 174.253.211.108
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 AM

bondobird is on a distinguished road
Garage
You da man

You da man! Drive it eazy. Stop a lot... and take in the scene. Talk ta folks and be "fellin the healin". Like strollin with a new baby. Everybody wants ta take a lookie see an tell ya how... their old man had one jus like it , WOW!!!. Happens all da time. Enjoy an love all 'em, you are one with the planet T-BIRD! RUN er, ez, but run er. lovin it yeah!
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 50.90.175.225
Old 12-26-2012, 06:08 AM

sgtcornewell is on a distinguished road
Garage
Blizzard in Indy now. maybe I can make it to the parts store for some stuff to keep me busy today.