Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Bullet Birds [1961-1963]

Bullet Birds [1961-1963] These Bullet Birds are definitely a collector's car, so why don't you show yours off in this forum or just ask members about them?

Trans shift indicator troubleshooting

This is a discussion on Trans shift indicator troubleshooting within the Bullet Birds [1961-1963] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I’ve been going thru dash wiring (62 convertible) and replacing all old burned out bulbs. Everything is working except for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 65.185.86.200
Old 08-05-2018, 01:48 PM

RickAzz is on a distinguished road
Trans shift indicator troubleshooting

I’ve been going thru dash wiring (62 convertible) and replacing all old burned out bulbs. Everything is working except for the shift indicator lamp.

When I popped of the cover (on the top of the column) to expose the socket, I noticed that the wire was cut and the connection end was jammed into the socket. The end appears to be missing the proper fitting (where it goes into the socket) and I’m not sure we’re the other end (power side) is at.

I need this “pigtail” and not sure if it’s in the turn signal harness or a separate wire. Can’t find anything online (usual suppliers). Cant find any documentation in any of the ford manuals as well. Can’t even find a YouTube video on this.

Any help (parts sourcing) or anybodys help familiar with this would be greatly appreciated. Thx!
Rick
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 65.185.86.200
Old 08-05-2018, 02:25 PM

RickAzz is on a distinguished road
This is a picture I found that shows the wire I’m talking about. Notice the black fitting at the end of the wire (as it goes into the housing. The small piece of wire I have looks like this wire but it’s missing the black end.
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 124.148.113.164
Old 08-13-2018, 08:13 PM
stubbie is on a distinguished road
Garage
Try here
Thunderbird: 1961 - 1963: Wiring

Last edited by stubbie; 08-13-2018 at 08:33 PM.