Go Back   tbirdforum.com > General Thunderbird Forums > Collectors Items
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Collectors Items Please post all information about collectors items for the ford thunderbird here.

promo models

This is a discussion on promo models within the Collectors Items forums, part of the General Thunderbird Forums category; I was wondering if any one knows about the 'promo models'.I recently spotted them on Ebay ( that wonderful world ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 124.182.90.30
Old 03-14-2010, 03:06 AM

lazy390 is on a distinguished road
promo models

I was wondering if any one knows about the 'promo models'.I recently spotted them on Ebay ( that wonderful world wide garage sale) and being Australian weve never seen them.
Why do some of them have friction drive , radios or plain?
Do they come in all the colours the cars were made in?
Any ideas what they are worth?
cheers
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 98.21.47.154
Old 03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
dans65 is on a distinguished road
They were made for distribution thru the dealers, Not sure about what year you are after but my car a 65 I have both styles as the push car and as a philco(Fords radio Mfg) am radio. I have 2 of my 70 also but neither is a radio. The only frictions I have seen were earlier model year cars. Some colors are more rare than others and of course price follows the rarity. I do have a 65 radio one that when I had my Special Landau repainted we sprayed as well. Not sure when they quit making them. I worked for Chrysler in the mid 90's and they were still sending them to our dealership.
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 65.185.118.110
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 PM

classicfan1 is on a distinguished road
I got a business deal with a local antique dealer and my first sale was his 1964-1966 (I forget the exact year at this moment) promo model. It was the ONLY convertible on eBay, and it was in the best condition too-but not perfectionist mint. Dark navy blue, whitewall wheels, beautiful car. Sold for $42.00.
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 98.91.42.123
Old 03-23-2011, 01:38 AM

mg69xr7 is on a distinguished road
Hi all, new here, but long time T-bird fan, grew up with a loaded '69 4-door. I have what I believe is a '67 T-Bird Philco AM Radio dealership promo model. It is totally cool and the radio even works! I've had it for 20 years, but I too am trying to find out more about it, and especially what it might be worth since I have it listed for sale. Due to site policy I will NOT post a link to the sale, but maybe some of you knowledgeable T-bird folks provide more info? Thanks... -Matt

Last edited by mg69xr7; 03-23-2011 at 01:50 AM.