Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Early Birds [1955-1957]

Early Birds [1955-1957] Have a Super Sharp 1955 to 1957 Thunderbird or just want to learn about them? Show yours off and talk about them here.

57 T-bird - Black over Red

This is a discussion on 57 T-bird - Black over Red within the Early Birds [1955-1957] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; New to the forum - I have restored many cars over the years, first with my dad (Flathead FORDS) then ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 99.5.121.120
Old 07-01-2023, 04:07 PM

Location: Upstate of South Carolina half way between Atlanta and Charlotte NC
firstgenaddict is on a distinguished road
57 T-bird - Black over Red

New to the forum - I have restored many cars over the years, first with my dad (Flathead FORDS) then my own cars, Mustangs Camaros Corvettes, and currently select projects for customers.
Currently finishing up a restoration on the above referenced car for a customer.
The 57 was bought new in Hollywood CA. well optioned, with PS PB PW dial-a-matic seat, 2 tops, 4bbl engine, automatic.

I will be fixing a few paint issues, sealing/sound deadening the body, then installing the interior/Glass, and sorting out the restoration.

I have all of the 57 manuals, the 57 restoration guides, the 57 Tbird sealer application guide -

Is there anything I should know or be on the look out for prior to getting started with the firewall sealing, dash installation, or with the power windows?