Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Early Birds [1955-1957]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Early Birds [1955-1957] Have a Super Sharp 1955 to 1957 Thunderbird or just want to learn about them? Show yours off and talk about them here.

This is a discussion on New Member within the Early Birds [1955-1957] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Hello all! I just joined this forum. I have a cherry red 55 T-bird, which I love. Been totally dependent ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 67.189.233.131
Old 06-06-2021, 06:12 PM

aadesmd is on a distinguished road

Hello all!

I just joined this forum. I have a cherry red 55 T-bird, which I love. Been totally dependent on others to keep it going, but now want to get my hands a little dirty.

Look forward to asking for help. I am a surgeon who knows virtually nothing about cars. I have wanted a T-bird ever since I saw the miniature version at FAO Schwartz.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 142.116.9.79
Old 06-07-2021, 08:44 AM
Administrator

pwadm is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum!
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 108.35.4.173
Old 06-10-2021, 08:50 PM

paul2748 is on a distinguished road
Welcome

To be perfectly honest, I would recommend another forum. This forum. as far as the early birds are concerned, has very little activity. In fact, very little activity for the other birds from what I have seen although I do not check the other years specific postings

For some one looking for advice, I would recommend

Vintage Thunderbird Club International

It is a very active forum. Just checking in on a random basis you can gain knowledge even if you don't have a question. You do not have to become a member of that club to join the forum (I am not a member). Lots of good advice from knowledgeable members.

If you haven't all ready, I would recommend you get some manuals on your car. Specifically, a Shop manual and an Electrical Assembly Manual. They are Ford Manuals (some are reproductions) and they help when you want to get your hands dirty.

I would also recommend that you see if there is a local Tbird club in your area. Members are usually very willing to help other Birders - even if there is not a TBird club locally, an antique car club would be a benefit.

Last but not least, I would recommend you join a national club. I belong to the Classic Thunderbird Club Int'l (CTCI). They have a very nice bi-monthly publication and have a web site (CTCI.org) with technical information directly related to early Tbirds.

Good luck with your Thunderbird