Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > The EconoBirds (Fox Birds) [1980-1982]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The EconoBirds (Fox Birds) [1980-1982] Have a question about your "Econo Bird" then ask them here.

I need help

This is a discussion on I need help within the The EconoBirds (Fox Birds) [1980-1982] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I've been scouring the net for replacement panels, door skins etc. for my 1981 T-bird with no luck! Not even ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 216.209.150.176
Old 03-06-2006, 01:41 PM
B.1981

B.1981 is on a distinguished road
Question I need help

I've been scouring the net for replacement panels, door skins etc. for my 1981 T-bird with no luck! Not even on the official Ford sites. I'm turning her into a drag racer but the bottom 6" of the body is rusted out pretty bad. I don't know where else to look, short of sectioning it out with my own hand made sheet metal panels. I do not have the experience with body work to get into that mess. I'll take whatever advice I can get.thanx
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 70.245.162.60
Old 03-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Turbo Poster

g_lower is an unknown quantity at this point
have you tried fiberglassing the panels? that would be my guess for a drag racer to save alittle weight. you probably wont find replacement panels for the 80-82 era birds if you want a better place to ask questions about your bird come here http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/ and we like pics :D