Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Flair Birds [1964-1966]

Flair Birds [1964-1966] You have a Fourth Generation Bird or just have some questions about them? Then this forum is for you, check it out.

66 problems

This is a discussion on 66 problems within the Flair Birds [1964-1966] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I am new here and have a couple questions. 1st my power brakes feel like the booster is not working. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 99.187.241.87
Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 PM

tbirdbill is on a distinguished road
66 problems

I am new here and have a couple questions. 1st my power brakes feel like the booster is not working. How do I know when the booster is bad? It is getting vaccuum but not sure what else to check for. 2nd my gas gauge is not working. Where should I start to find this problem? Thanks for your help and looks like a great site.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 173.74.104.18
Old 11-28-2010, 04:02 PM

Harley Eaton is on a distinguished road
OK. Is the booster working? First (with engine off) release all the vacuum in the booster. Then hold your foot on the brake pedal while you start the engine. If you feel the pedal starting to fall to the floor, the booster is working. Second; the fuel gauge. Are the oil, temp gauges working? If so, look under the instrument panel to see if two wires are attached to the fuel gauge. If so, then ground the wire from the fuel gauge and the gauge should go FULL. This will be done under the car at the connection to the fuel sender. Do you have a shop manual? You should !!
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 99.187.241.87
Old 12-01-2010, 08:25 PM

tbirdbill is on a distinguished road
Thanks Harley. I will try this this weekend. I see you are just down the road from me in Keller. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks again.

Tags
brake booster, gas gauge