Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Flair Birds [1964-1966]

Flair Birds [1964-1966] You have a Fourth Generation Bird or just have some questions about them? Then this forum is for you, check it out.

Another new guy (Kind of...)

This is a discussion on Another new guy (Kind of...) within the Flair Birds [1964-1966] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I got my 1965 Thunderbird when I was 17(a year ago) during spring break, my friends parents bought the Thunderbird ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 68.190.41.74
Old 01-23-2011, 11:06 PM

Arbiter343GS is on a distinguished road
Another new guy (Kind of...)

I got my 1965 Thunderbird when I was 17(a year ago) during spring break, my friends parents bought the Thunderbird at a police auction (Because it was abandoned, luckily it was towed and brought to the auction for the cars sake) and at first I thought it was the most ugliest car imaginable but after a while of going over and seeing it more and more I started liking it more and more, so one day I started to ask questions about the car to my friend then asked what his dads lowest amount he would take and he said he would get back to me later that day, because I had to take pictures of it to show to my father, he even liked it, so I came back and he said his dad would take lowest $800, so I went back to my dad, told him and he said he would help me get it, as it would be my first car project. So a few weeks later me and my dad went up there with the money and bought, my dad left soon after because he had work to do, so me and my friend went to the part store and bought about everything for a full tune up(and then some) and we spent the rest of the day cleaning out the gas tank(there was gas in it that smelled HORRIBLE and it was a very dark orange), and giving it a full tune up, then at like 10 pm I drove it to my house, it was awesome, it was the oldest vehicle I have ever driven(well... except for my Grandfather's 1923 Model T) and owned only thing that sucked was that the carb was full of trash so it didnt drive that great, as in it died going up into a culdesac, but it was still one of the most memorable driving moments I have ever had. But now it just sits in my back yard because I need a new gas tank (Mine has a huge dent in it seperating it in to almost two different tanks and the side the sending unit sits in is the side all of the gas moves from.) and also the wiring to my alternator needs to be fixed because someone before my friends parents bought it cut all of the wiring that goes to it and I cant find a single diagram that works, tomorrow I may post a thread for help with a picture because I seriously cant figure it out and havent been able to figure it out since I got it.
But in the end I love it and plan on keeping it for quite some time. I have pictures of the Flair Bird in my album.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 174.253.232.160
Old 01-24-2011, 12:27 AM

grossman09 is on a distinguished road
Hey bud send me your email to my inbox and ill get you the best wiring siagram i have.

Jae
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 131.55.121.15
Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Tbird Fanatic

verdejor is on a distinguished road
http://www.tbirdranch.com/66altwire.GIF

from tbirdranch website.
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 96.252.225.5
Old 01-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Tayman Electrical LLC

Gary Tayman is on a distinguished road
That car is not the easiest to restore, nor the cheapest, as you will soon find out. But if you persist you'll be rewarded with a really nice car.

Tags
flair bird, thunderbird