Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Flair Birds [1964-1966]

Flair Birds [1964-1966] You have a Fourth Generation Bird or just have some questions about them? Then this forum is for you, check it out.

headliner

This is a discussion on headliner within the Flair Birds [1964-1966] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Ready to try replacing the headliner in my 64 bird. the first 3 bows are green on both ends. the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 173.16.74.170
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 PM

kansasjohn is on a distinguished road
headliner

Ready to try replacing the headliner in my 64 bird. the first 3 bows are green on both ends. the first should be green-plain and the third should be green-blue. is this going to be a major problem?
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 24.158.166.206
Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 AM

RobertZpianoman is on a distinguished road
Garage
Service Manual Informing You Correctly, Someone Changed Them ? Anyway.. I Tried To Do My ,58 Yr. With Service Manual Advise.. Even Used The Hair Drier As Recommended To Stretch For Even Smoothness ... (before Starting To Put In Liner I Added 1/4 Sheet Of Insulation Adhered With A Can Of Tacky Spray , Then Applied Flat To Roof At Flat Inside Sheet Metal That Insulation) It Did Not Interfere With The Effort Of The Job ..just Got Real Difficult On The Lower Back.. I Know This Isn't The Answer You Seek 0n 3/6/2012 But Just Giving A (heads Up) About Some Heat Block Out Benifit Available Sheet Insulation At A Local Upholstry Shop ...hope You Don,t Mind...i Should Be In The Off Topic Area Of This Forum .. .i Considered That Sheet Of Insulation And Was Right .works Nice..to Be A Better Heat Separator , Which Works Fine Then Because Of Not Happy Working Upside Down ,with An Un Familiar Trade Of Doing Upholstry , Ended Up Taking It To Local Upholstry Shop Person Who Does The 55's In Our Town. $275.00 Labor . I Was With Owner Of Shop , And His Helper ( Observing How The Job Got Done )....looks Perfect.well Worth The Money. Then...our Country Squire 9 Passenger Ford Wagon Was A Breeze For Me. It Got Completed After The 58 Yr. My Watching Them ,training .. Was After Watching Upholstry Shop " Struggle " With The '58 Note (1/2 A Day Time Elapsed Observing Them (2) Person Job On That '58.) 2 Cars Done . Fyi Good Luck .