Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Flair Birds [1964-1966]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Flair Birds [1964-1966] You have a Fourth Generation Bird or just have some questions about them? Then this forum is for you, check it out.

Vacuum check valve

This is a discussion on Vacuum check valve within the Flair Birds [1964-1966] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Just rebuilt my '66 428. New hoses all around. Doing the fun job of replacing the vacuum lines, trying to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 12.152.88.178
Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
TKOlson

TKOlson is on a distinguished road
Garage
Vacuum check valve

Just rebuilt my '66 428. New hoses all around. Doing the fun job of replacing the vacuum lines, trying to get things correct. I cannot find the 2 vacuum check valves offered from the usual bird sites. Does anyone have a part number of maybe a source for these? Also, it does not appear that I have the second vacuum can behind right headlight cans. Not line running in there that I can trace. Does anyone have a picture of where/how this is supposed to be installed?

Thanks for all the help I have read on this forum. I could not have done this first time re-built without the knowledge I learned from here!!!
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 71.170.84.253
Old 11-06-2012, 08:45 PM

Harley Eaton is on a distinguished road
Vacuum Check Valve

The Ford part number for the vacuum check valve is C6OZ-19A563-A. It does not look like the original. (May be available from your Ford dealer.) Concerning the vacuum can behind the RH headlight: if there was one previously installed, you should see three holes beside the battery; one for the hose to go through and two for the studs that hold the can in place. This may be only on air conditioned cars. I don't recall see it on non-air conditioned cars (but then I an in Texas.)
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 67.34.190.219
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
TKOlson

TKOlson is on a distinguished road
Garage
Thanks for the quick reply Harley. Will check dealer for parts, never know, would be a first here in central Florida! This is an A/C car, (working) I have seen the can available. Will add to the system and get things back in working order! Nice to have a guru like you to point people in the right direction.