Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Glamour Birds [1967-1969]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Glamour Birds [1967-1969] If you have a T-bird from this generation, talk about it here.

Just bought 68 suicide door bird

This is a discussion on Just bought 68 suicide door bird within the Glamour Birds [1967-1969] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Hi everyone, Wanted to share that I have just bought a 68 suicide door bird to restore. It is running ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 75.23.209.25
Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 PM

68bigbird is on a distinguished road
Just bought 68 suicide door bird

Hi everyone,
Wanted to share that I have just bought a 68 suicide door bird to restore. It is running but does need some work, interior and passenger side upper control arm work. For $500 I could not pass it up. The body is straight and most of the parts are there just need restoring. It has only one small spot about two inches around needing rust repair. I don't have at at the house yet because I am going to trailer it home on the 16th. I was looking at the threads here and still have one question at the moment, Is there anybody who sells seat upholstery kits for these cars?
I expect to be on here asking questions once I start getting further along. My first fix will be flush the fuel tank and carburetor rebuilt then the control arm and check brakes so it is drivable (movable).
I am now the proud owner of two Birds One T Bird and one Firebird, A very mismatched pair I might add.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 69.149.94.4
Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
J.A.F.T.O.

Firstperson is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Glamor bird world ! Please post pic's of your new "jealous mistress" if you can and keep us posted on your progress. I have more than a few things to do to mine as well so we may be able to help each other out.
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 75.23.209.234
Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 PM

68bigbird is on a distinguished road
HI everyone,
I finally got the T-Bird into my workshop about two months ago. I have just now started working on it as I had another car that I was wanting to get running first. Not done with that car but can justify sharing time now.
I was given the wrong key but still got the cylinder lock changed. I will not crank with the key but will if I jump across at the relay. Then it will stay running and doesn't seem to smoke. I am going to start a serious truobleshoot of that part of the starting system. I just need to get a battery for my multi tester.
I did however buy the Ford service repair manuals for 67 and the 68 supplement. So far they are a waste and not accurate. I have read what the manuals say and they give the wrong information on removing the instrument bezel and gauges. If anybody knows how to do this on a 68 I would greatly appreciate it. None of the screws are visible anywhere.