Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Glamour Birds [1967-1969]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Glamour Birds [1967-1969] If you have a T-bird from this generation, talk about it here.

Vent and Air Control Levers on Dash panel

This is a discussion on Vent and Air Control Levers on Dash panel within the Glamour Birds [1967-1969] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Has anyone fixed the vacuum lines that control the rear vent and the air vents at the kick panels under ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 98.69.149.79
Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 PM

gemman is on a distinguished road
Vent and Air Control Levers on Dash panel

Has anyone fixed the vacuum lines that control the rear vent and the air vents at the kick panels under the dash/ driver and passenger sides ??? and know where to look and trace the vacuum lines ??? the service manual does not go into depth on this issue ...
AND ... does anyone know IF you can remove fully the control unit that functions the wipers/washers/vent/air, by pulling the unit forward and out the front of the dash, or if you need to take the top of the dash board off to do this ?? , and to see if the vacuum lines have come loose from the back of the vent lever ?
This is a 1967 Tudor w/ A/C ... and the 428 ...
Any help would be appreciated ... Thaanx Gemman
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 75.39.119.113
Old 01-24-2012, 08:34 AM

unibody62 is on a distinguished road
You can get to the whole thing by pulling the instrument panel. Then I think the control itself can be removed from the cluster. Trouble is, it only comes out just enought to see behind it because of the oil line that connects to the hydraulic wiper control switch. I have never disconnected that, due to the possibility of messy oil clean up, but it might not be bad if you just put a rag under it. Be careful, I think I broke off the connection for one of the vacuum lines, possibly the windshield washer.
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 98.69.149.79
Old 01-24-2012, 09:25 AM

gemman is on a distinguished road
Vent and Air Controls

Thaanx for responding ... I don't think I want to tackle taking the dash out .. I did think that taking the top dash pad off would give me access to what's behind the dash and that may be the route I take .. however I have put many feelers out there and no one seems to have done this ... I'm sure that this is not the first '67 to have this problem ... thaanx
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 174.118.159.204
Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 PM

garyj h is on a distinguished road
Look Under Rear Seat Right Behind Console Small Black Vac Line Mine Was Bgoken There
  #5 (permalink)   IP: 99.251.126.222
Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM

garyj h is on a distinguished road

both my rear vent and trunk release where both broken just behind the rear console white went to trunk black to the rear vent motors