Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Leaner and Meaner Birds [1977-1979]

Leaner and Meaner Birds [1977-1979] Ford enacts a radical transformation, making the t-bird leaner and meaner, talk about your lean mean bird here.

Vacuum and heater AC

This is a discussion on Vacuum and heater AC within the Leaner and Meaner Birds [1977-1979] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; I just replaced the carb on my 1978 with 351M. The new carb has one less vacuum port than the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 66.211.222.194
Old 06-09-2022, 02:44 PM

scottn is on a distinguished road
Vacuum and heater AC

I just replaced the carb on my 1978 with 351M. The new carb has one less vacuum port than the old one. The missing port was for a vacuum line going into the firewall that I assume is for the heater/AC control head. With car running I found that the line was pulling a vacuum. Now I'm thinking that the control head is bad which is way I have always had warm air coming through when I switch to the vent position. For now I have just plugged that vacuum line. Any thoughts on what I should do with the vacuum line and how to know if the heater/AC control is bad. I will not try to get the AC working unless I fix the warm air coming through issue. Thanks for any input.