Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Tech Forums > Mechanical and Engine Tuning and Mods

Mechanical and Engine Tuning and Mods Found a way to add horsepower by tuning a few parts? Have some questions about Tuning your own engine? Well post them here and learn from other members.

cooling on a 58!

This is a discussion on cooling on a 58! within the Mechanical and Engine Tuning and Mods forums, part of the Tech Forums category; Hi all, I've got a cooling issue with my 58. Running it too long (especially in town with frequent stop ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 68.164.154.208
Old 10-11-2003, 01:18 PM

abarang is on a distinguished road
Post cooling on a 58!

Hi all,
I've got a cooling issue with my 58. Running it too long (especially in town with frequent stop lights) makes my tbird heat up to an uncomfortable point. I need to change the old radiator because of a crack and leak, but I was wondering how much I would benefit from getting a brand new, bigger water pump. Is there anything else I can do to help this cooling issue?

thanks!
-alex
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 66.100.210.190
Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
MUSTANGNICK is on a distinguished road
stock water pumps work fine the bigger one's that move more volume don't really help for street driving. they are great for racing though. I would check and see if your radiator is clogged or if you have access to a infrared temp gun see what the temp going in and out of the radiator are, this will tell you if it's dissipating heat right. also are you sure the gage is working wright? Is the car boiling over or just reading hot on the gage?