Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Tech Forums > Mechanical and Engine Tuning and Mods
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mechanical and Engine Tuning and Mods Found a way to add horsepower by tuning a few parts? Have some questions about Tuning your own engine? Well post them here and learn from other members.

curosity

This is a discussion on curosity within the Mechanical and Engine Tuning and Mods forums, part of the Tech Forums category; I was wondering how many people here have 87 and 88 thunderbirds. Also if you have done anything to them, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 198.81.26.109
Old 08-03-2003, 03:03 AM

fastfords4me02 is on a distinguished road
Post curosity

I was wondering how many people here have 87 and 88 thunderbirds. Also if you have done anything to them, and if you did what? If you havent done anything yet, what are you planning on doing? I would just like to know what people are doing, maybe gets some new products names outta this to help me in my quest for power.
I have a 1988 TC. So far i have put on a 3" exhasut system, from the trubo back. Yes i have the 5 speed so i went from dual to single, but i am very pleased. I have a HI-6 ignition system for it too, which will be put on next weekend. I also went to Eastwood and got a Turbo Bag. I have been critsized for this, but for what i ma doing right now it will be good. Later i am going to move my intercooler to the front so i can put a header on it. But as it sits now the intercooler cant be doing it job very well sitting directly above the turbo, and where does heat go. RISES. So this turbo bag will not only make my exhast flow better but aso keep heat down dramtically in the engine bay which inturn helps my intercooler. I am slo put a MAF sensor on in place of that VAF. When i get the MAF i ma getting 52lb injectors and a engine manegment system for the car so i can plug her into the comp and play with everything a lil more. After all that i am going to P255/45/ZR16 all the way round. I am aslo trying find cross drilled and slotted rotors for the t-bird but i can find nuttin. When i get the rotors i am changing to ceramic pads al the way around. This my basic set up and plan for power for now. In many many years to come i will get a aluminum head, and either a stage 3 turbo with over sized compressor station, or i will get a holset turbo off a dodge. The holset turbo has a T3 flange wich bolts striaght up. You have to modify the intake and exhast of course, but think of the 30-35 PSI all raady to go!!!! Damn tat sounds good. well i am done till i get a response, see ya. :cool: :) :D