Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > The New Birds (MN12) [1989-1993]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The New Birds (MN12) [1989-1993] These TBirds came with a new look and some new features but are still built with the same great quality that the first TBirds were made with. Talk about yours here.

shop manual for AOD tranny

This is a discussion on shop manual for AOD tranny within the The New Birds (MN12) [1989-1993] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Hi there all! Iīve bought a -92 T-bird with the 5L V8 and now, probably due to broken kickdown mechanism ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 81.237.236.105
Old 03-12-2010, 09:31 AM

bennylw is on a distinguished road
shop manual for AOD tranny

Hi there all!
Iīve bought a -92 T-bird with the 5L V8 and now, probably due to broken kickdown mechanism according to webinfo, my tranny canīt get into OD. It slips when I put it into OD but all other gears work well. Fluid smells a bit burnt so something needs to be done of course. I dont know if the OD is engaged via clutch rings or brakeband or whatever so:
I live in Sweden and itīs not a very common model here so I would like to get my hands on a shop manual for the AOD transmission, preferably on digital media.
Can anybody help me out?

Are there any more, perhaps more lively, forums for the mn12 out there?

thanks in advance
Benny Lloyd Willner
Sweden
Ford Thunderbird 92 5.0, Buick RM -95, Plymouth Savoy limocab -62, Dodge Van -89, Jeep Cherokee -78.