Go Back   tbirdforum.com > General Thunderbird Forums > OFF TOPIC Discussion Area
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OFF TOPIC Discussion Area Talk About Anything But Keep It Clean (IF YOU CAN)

'63 steering column

This is a discussion on '63 steering column within the OFF TOPIC Discussion Area forums, part of the General Thunderbird Forums category; hi, just thought i should congratulate myself publicly. i just completed a removal, rebuild, and successful re-installation of my steering ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 174.93.112.207
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM

ian63tbird is on a distinguished road
Garage
'63 steering column

hi, just thought i should congratulate myself publicly. i just completed a removal, rebuild, and successful re-installation of my steering column in my 63 Monaco edition. It took a long time, definitely one of the nastier jobs encountered so far in my restoration.
Ian McDougall, Freelton, Ont.
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 70.51.216.220
Old 04-28-2013, 04:16 PM

Ian M Greer is on a distinguished road
Way to go Ian , good name are you a member of SOTC . By the way like your choice of years . My favorite , I have a 63 M landau . Ian M Greer (REMEMBER NOT ALL BIRDS FLY SOUTH )
  #3 (permalink)   IP: 174.93.112.207
Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 AM

Garage
Hi, yes I'm a member of SOTC. Just returned from a disappointing trip to Ancaster swap meet. As usual not a Tbird part to be seen, only one Tbird on display which was a flairbird landau. Maybe I'll take some of my spare parts to the Waterdown/Rockton swap meet next month.
  #4 (permalink)   IP: 108.212.106.217
Old 06-02-2013, 03:49 PM

gemman is on a distinguished road
Question '63 Monaco Edition ?

Ian,
What is the Monaco Edition ? I think I owned one back in 1967 .. my first Thunderbird .. wish I still had the car ... Tell me the difference please .. My Bird looked exactly like yours .. same color and if I remember correctly, the black Landau roof had horizontal marks or slashes and Black Rubber ? Thaanx Gemman in RDU .. if you want use my direct email .. bayuk42@yahoo.com ..
  #5 (permalink)   IP: 69.158.158.9
Old 06-02-2013, 05:24 PM

Ian M Greer is on a distinguished road
Gemman ,can't reach you by your E-mail for some reason . The Monaco Edition was a special edition brought out the later part of the 63 when sales slumped. It was Corinthian White with a Rose beige coloured vinyl roof with the the chrome S roof bars . The steering wheel was white with chrome inlay strips in the rim .White leather seats trim code 83, white vinyl door panels with Rose Beige carpeting applied to the lower portion. Interior accented by Rose Beige trim,carpets and kick panels .Rosewood vinyl mac tac applied to the dash console and doors ( Walnut coloured mac tac used on regular landau's )Deluxe three point knock off hubs hubcaps and fennder skirts. Each Monaco came with a number plaque from 1 to 2000, 2000 being a total number that were produced mounted the center of the dash just above the console. Other accessories standard to other models could also be ordered, but not the M package Tri Power according to all records . P/S my car is an M code Tri-power landau car not a Monaco .Hope this clarify's the Monaco , if I've missed anything , anybody feel free to put your input in . Ian M Greer (REMEMBER NOT ALL BIRDS FLY SOUTH )
  #6 (permalink)   IP: 174.88.19.241
Old 06-02-2013, 08:50 PM

Garage
Iam McD

thanks Ian Greer for responding on the "Monaco" edition. Mine currently has a black vinyl roof courtesy of a previous owner. I Have a correct colour and style top that i will be putting on her later this year. For any fellow Canadians, the Barrie area swap meet is this coming weekend.
  #7 (permalink)   IP: 174.88.19.241
Old 06-02-2013, 08:57 PM

Garage
Ian McD

P.S. it's referred to as the "Monaco" edition because Ford presented one to Princess Grace of Monaco when they were made. Reference to this model can be found by going to Thunderbirdhttp://automotivemileposts.com/tbird1963limitededitionlandau.html
  #8 (permalink)   IP: 108.212.106.217
Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 AM

gemman is on a distinguished road
Ian, ... thaanx for responding and explaining the difference .. the one I owned which sounds similar, did not have the rose colored vinyl roof .. it was definitely black .. but the interior sounds right ... wish I could remember more .. but in nearly 50 yrs. the memory gets fuzzy on some things ... Gemman .. my email shud be correct ...

Tags
bulletbird, monaco, steering