Go Back   tbirdforum.com > General Thunderbird Forums > Thunderbirds For Sale/Wanted
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

FS: 1961 Ford THunderbird

This is a discussion on FS: 1961 Ford THunderbird within the Thunderbirds For Sale/Wanted forums, part of the General Thunderbird Forums category; For Sale: 1961 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop Location: Northfield, MN Asking price: $1500 firm Summary: Great project car or parts car, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 207.109.22.134
Old 03-23-2006, 07:20 PM
ASTROdog is on a distinguished road
FS: 1961 Ford THunderbird

For Sale: 1961 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop

Asking price: $1500 firm

Summary: Great project car or parts car, would be an easy one to bring up + lots of useable parts. Buyer picks up or arranges delivery, comes with factory service manual and a reproduction wiring guide.

Photos can be found here: http://s-seriesforum.com/gallery/album124

Contact info
------------

Cell: (612) 251-7832
Email: shane@carforums.net
AIM: ASTROdog00
Yahoo: scorchnoma

Or, you can PM me on this board.

The long version:

I'm buying a house that's short on car storage so I need to sell off my last remaining project vehicle. I bought it at an estate sale 4 years ago so I am a tad sketchy as to what has been done to it, bought it as a project car. It drove, very strongly, before I parked it. Drove it home from the auction. It was bought in a state of partial restoration.

The good news: Strong running 390 FE big block (hasn't been turned over in a few years but it should pop right over with some minor cleanup), sound and strong chassis, this car is 100% complete. All of the chrome and glass is in great shape except for one of the fender emblems is snapped in half and the bumper has some rust staining on it from the battery tray The. body is dentless, just some minor rust as described below.

Body work was done before I bought it, but it sat in primer too long and it probably needs to be redone. Some body filler was used by the previous owner, but from what I can tell only by the tail lights. Needs a single tail light "Q" trim ring.. Interior is in origional, untouched condition and needs a reupholstering, the rocker panels are in need of repair/replacement, but as far as I can tell only by the fender wells.

Please let me know if you're interested, looking to move this fast to cover some of the closing costs on the house.