Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Thunderbird Model Years > Twilight Birds (MN12) [1994-1997]
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Twilight Birds (MN12) [1994-1997] The last chapter of the book that we call the TBird Bible but only for another few years. Talk about yours here!

94 Tbird HELP PLEASE!!!

This is a discussion on 94 Tbird HELP PLEASE!!! within the Twilight Birds (MN12) [1994-1997] forums, part of the Thunderbird Model Years category; Hi all, I hope someone here can provide some insight. My '94 4.6L will not start. I replaced the battery ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 75.105.16.145
Old 04-05-2011, 09:32 PM

94tbirdnut is on a distinguished road
94 Tbird HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi all, I hope someone here can provide some insight.

My '94 4.6L will not start. I replaced the battery and still get a very faint clicking noise under the hood. Thinking it may be the starter (original starter), I removed it.

I'll need help with troubleshooting the non-starting issue, but heres the BIG problem...

The starter has three bolts. I got the two bottom bolts removed. I got the top bolt lossened but could not remove it all the way. When dropping the starter down through the exhaust, I believe that third starter bolt fell down into the transmission housing where the starter fits. I felt around in there, to no avail. I removed the rubber tranny housing plug on the bottom hoping it would be there. No luck. I used a rare-earth magnet to try and drag the bolt down to the plug. No luck. Can't see it or feel it.

Q: How do I get that bolt out to there? Do I need to drop the tranny?

This is horrible, and I feel like a dummy. I'm not starting that car with a bolt potentially in the tranny housing.

Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

94tbirdnut