Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Help & Feedback > What did you pay?
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What did you pay? Wondering what is a good deal for a new or used Thunderbird? Or that classic '55? Check here.

62 just purchased in August 2004

This is a discussion on 62 just purchased in August 2004 within the What did you pay? forums, part of the Help & Feedback category; Here is my 1962 Thunderbird Hardtop that I paid $3500.00 for. Picked it up and drove it 360 miles home ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 205.202.36.172
Old 10-11-2004, 01:19 PM

black62tbird is on a distinguished road
62 just purchased in August 2004

Here is my 1962 Thunderbird Hardtop that I paid $3500.00 for. Picked it up and drove it 360 miles home without a problem! It has fresh paint, 147,000 miles, needs door panels the rear seats recovered.

Here is the website:

http://www.esu8.org/~oneill/mpetersn/t-bird.htm

I think I got a good deal, what do you think?
  #2 (permalink)   IP: 52.128.30.10
Old 12-30-2004, 09:41 AM

kraken is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you did pretty good. Your tbird looks to be in really nice shape. I got a 62 in August myself. Drove 8 hours to Ohio (from Phila) to get it. The former owner is a good friend of my uncle, so I got some of the history of the car and the original manuals, etc. I paid around $3900 for mine, with 42,000 original miles. The body is pretty good except to small surface rust spots, and the carpet inside. It is all original, so I know that no one mucked up the body doing poor restoration work. I ended up driving mine all the way home, and only had one problem - when in park, sometimes the gear lever would slide out of park and the car would try to roll away! I have since replaced the gear shift lever and have had no more problems. There are some pics of the car here - www.collinized.com/tbird

Good luck with the bird!

- Collin