Go Back   tbirdforum.com > Help & Feedback > What did you pay?

What did you pay? Wondering what is a good deal for a new or used Thunderbird? Or that classic '55? Check here.

66 Town Hardtop California 428 W/ A/C

This is a discussion on 66 Town Hardtop California 428 W/ A/C within the What did you pay? forums, part of the Help & Feedback category; I should have put this here to begin with insted of someone elses post. I'll get the hang of this ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 63.174.74.253
Old 07-24-2010, 01:47 PM

Darrellinceres is on a distinguished road
66 Town Hardtop California 428 W/ A/C

I should have put this here to begin with insted of someone elses post. I'll get the hang of this forum stuff.

I paid $1200.00 for my 66 Town Hardtop California 428 W/ A/C. I had to buy another motor for it (Another $1400.00) the original had spun the mains and cracked the block badly. I saved it from the junk yard. Belonged to an old lady in Oakland, CA. She was the original owner. When she passed away some one had the original engine rebuilt and they did something wrong. That technically makes me the third owner although the second owner only had it for two months.
Interior is almost mint. Parchment leather / Palomino. I'm putting it back together now. I'll post pictures in "Off Topic" shortly. I'm hoping to get it running by next week then it's off to the body shop to get a fresh paint job. (Original color Sundust Beige)