tbirdforum.com

tbirdforum.com (https://www.tbirdforum.com/forums/)
-   What did you pay? (https://www.tbirdforum.com/forums/what-did-you-pay/)
-   -   1958 T Bird Tenneesse (https://www.tbirdforum.com/forums/what-did-you-pay/3732-1958-t-bird-tenneesse.html)

RobertZpianoman 05-24-2012 08:12 AM

1958 T Bird Tenneesse

$10,500 Cash To Local Neighbor Who Told Me It Was Driven Around Town Before Being Placed In His Barn....got It Home On His Flat Bed....all Brakes Were Cylinders Rusted And Locked Up , When Window Switches Were Cleaned With Contact Cleaner The Windows (3) Broke As They Were Brittle From Non-climate Controlled Storage And The Water Pump Finally Had The Shaft Screaming Till It Released Antifreeze All Over Driveway..then No Reverse...these Were Indications That I Got A Lemon...got It To A Motor Shop ,the Rebuilder Showed Me The Water Line On The Block Proving This Car At Some Point Wasin The River One Year Somewhere..at This Day 05/24/2012 Thanks To All The Internet Suppliers (especially Pat Wilson's . Com) My Wife Has All Recitpts In A Cool Binder And Helps Me To Realize We Are At $22,560.00 And Thats All . I Don't Intend To Paint Or Upholster It As It Looks Like The Black Raven Bird I Had In 1966 Before They Drafted Me ...oh I Miss Those Whittier Boulevard ,california Cruising Days..being 18 Yrs. Old Workin For Mc Donnel Douglas For $.75 An Hour Doing The Structural Assembly Of D.c.8 United Aircraft Wing Units Then Cruise All Nite Till Uncle Sam 's Deal Let Me J O I N And Become The Driver Of All His Green Machines!!

BillinAl 05-25-2012 06:34 PM

My first Bird was a '58 Baby Blue(don't know the actual color name) in '65. Auto and no power, hardtop. I loved it.Have a '63 S.E. now. I've learned to throw all receipts into a drawer and to never go into it and add them up! Just enjoy the car. Good luck!--Bill

RobertZpianoman 07-01-2012 08:46 PM

what did I pay 58 bird.

good advice. this bird I have now is fine now with relays to beef up the additional #1003 ,lamps added to the existing " reflectors " pre-factory drilled 5/8 holes( rear 4 reflectors at rear of car).. sockets installed now , in the existing holes they never put in at the factory as car only had 30 amp charging generator. Now I have 2 battery system, alternator 90 amps available from the head lamp running lite rear harness cable wire in trunk to that relay coil lead..... so , relay controlling the running rear red lites , the stop lites on another relay coil lead..( from brake switch to relay coil), at that same left rear trunk hinge area harness splice ...and of course the rear backup lite socket 90 degree lamp sockets installed for a 4 lite back up clear white lite there in reverse., all on relays.simple and bright. I do enjoy this car...more so the schematic additions are fun to draw and put in the binder ..should I ever have to back track my effort in wiring. car show folks think it was a good idea too !my spending addiction is over now that health care bills mount up for this seniors wife's nicks and scrapes in our senior years.original black raven paint and still pretty good seats too...all else done over. what power! what lines on the design. a real car with the newer saftey belts in place.

BillinAl 07-01-2012 09:24 PM

Glad you're enjoying that '58 now and the electrical changes you've made sound interesting and should work well.P.S. Hide the wife's receipt binder!-Bill