Go Back   tbirdforum.com > General Thunderbird Forums > What Does Your Plate Say?

What Does Your Plate Say? What is your license plate and what kind of story does it tell about your love for T-Birds.

Plates and frames

This is a discussion on Plates and frames within the What Does Your Plate Say? forums, part of the General Thunderbird Forums category; What does my plate say? In Florida, among the 40 or so different plate styles available, you can send an ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)   IP: 96.252.225.5
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Tayman Electrical LLC

Gary Tayman is on a distinguished road
Plates and frames

What does my plate say? In Florida, among the 40 or so different plate styles available, you can send an old plate to Tallahassee and have it validated. Basically the plate needs to be in good condition, and the date must be the same year as the car. So for my 64 Bird, the tag is a 64.

Back in the day Florida had a numbering system that included county and weight. Today it doesn't matter; a friend of mine had a Buick with a trailer tag, anf they validated it. But it's nice to be "Authentic." The prefix on my car is 12WW; the 12 I believe is Lee county -- Sarasota should be 16. But the WW is correct -- T-Birds are very heavy cars.

Now for the vanity part. The FRAME on the tag says, "I'm The Daddy That Took It Away."